Nov 30, 2018
Today on episode 203 of the We Like Drinking podcast we’ll be
discussing why they’re stockpiling wine in the UK, Red IPA
Recommendations, and were talking Wine, Travel, and Eats with the
one and only Amber Burke! So crack open your beer, uncork that
wine, and let’s get drinking.
- If you like what you are hearing in this episode, consider
helping us out by becoming a patron of the show. Visit WeLikeDrinking.com/pledge
to get in on the action.
Panel Introductions And What We’re Drinking
- Our guest tonight is the power and energy behind the Wine Travel Eats .com blog. A
blog devoted to, let’s call it the “good life”, specifically
travel, fine booze, and great food in and around the Napa and
Sonoma areas of California. Along with her husband, David, and some
additional contributors (Hi Wen), wine travel eats is a great spot
to find recipes and plan your next visit to the area. Please help
us welcome Amber Burke
- John is drinking - Lizard Tail Belgian Strong Dark (9.7%
- Amber is drinking - Markham Merlot
- Solomon is drinking - NV La Croix Curate Blackberry Cucumber
Sparkling Water and Nyquil
- Eckles is drinking - 2015 Joseph Carr Napa Cab
G, H, PCR
Doley writes - Had a new (to me) wine recently. Austin
Hope cab from Paso Robles. That stuff is really, really good.
Try it if you can. Finally, a beer question for John: I had
this beer on tap at a restaurant.
Really liked it. It’s from a small brewery a few hours away and
is only available at the brewery and in a few restaurants. From
looking at the description, can you recommend any more widely
available beers that might be similar?